$2.68 ex. GST
LED Downlights: The Best Way to Light Your Home
What are LED Downlights?
LED downlights are a type of light fixture that uses light-emitting diodes (LEDs) to produce light. LEDs are semiconductors that emit light when an electric current is passed through it. LEDs are very efficient and use less energy to produce the same light as traditional incandescent or fluorescent bulbs. They also have a long lifespan, lasting up to 25,000 hours.
Why Should You Choose LED Downlights?
There are many reasons why you should choose LED downlights for your home. Here are just a few:
- Energy efficiency: LEDs are very efficient, meaning they use less energy to produce the same amount of light as traditional incandescent or fluorescent bulbs. This can save you money on your energy bills.
- Long lifespan: LEDs have a long lifespan, lasting up to 25,000 hours. This means you won't have to replace them as often as traditional bulbs.
- Dimmable: LEDs are dimmable, meaning you can adjust the brightness to suit your needs. This is great for creating a variety of moods in your home.
- Style: LEDs come in various types, so you can find the perfect ones to match your décor.
What are the benefits of TRI Colour LED Downlights?
TRI colour downlights are a type of LED downlight that can produce three different light colours: warm white, cool white, and daylight. This makes them a versatile option for lighting your home, as you can choose the colour that best suits the mood or activity you are trying to create. As per a common LED downlight, they are energy efficient, have a long life span, can be dimmable and come in many styles.
Some of the common ways to use TRI colour downlights include:
- Living room: TRI colour downlights can create a relaxing and inviting atmosphere in your living room. You can use the warm white light to create a cozy mood for watching movies or reading, or you can use the cool white light to create a more energetic atmosphere for entertaining guests. Some of the practical use cases for TRI colour downlights include:
- Kitchen: TRI colour downlights can provide bright and even lighting for your kitchen. The daylight colour is ideal for tasks such as cooking and cleaning, while the warm white colour can create a more inviting atmosphere for dining.
- Bathroom: TRI colour downlights can create a spa-like atmosphere in your bathroom. The warm white light is ideal for relaxing in the bathtub, while the cool white light can be used for applying makeup or shaving.
- Bedroom: TRI colour downlights can create a relaxing and peaceful atmosphere in your bedroom. The warm white light is ideal for winding down before bed, while the cool white light can be used for getting ready in the morning. When choosing the perfect LED downlight for your bedroom, I recommend going for a Tri colour fitting in white. This will seamlessly blend in with a white ceiling, giving you a neat and cohesive look. The best thing about the Tri colour option is that you can experiment with all three colours and see which suits you best before making a final decision.
For a 4 x 4m bedroom, I suggest checking out these options:
NLS 20111 (10W) - they offer great value, and we've sold tens of thousands of these.
Clipsal TPDL1C2 (9W) has an in-house warranty, and we've sold thousands.
SAL S9065TCWH (8W) is a good all-rounder you might also want to consider.
Q: What are the different types of LED downlights?
A: There are two main types of LED downlights: recessed and surface mounted. Recessed downlights are installed into the ceiling, while surface-mounted downlights are mounted on the surface of the ceiling.
Q: What are the different colours of LED downlights?
A: LED downlights come in various colours, including warm white, cool white, and daylight. Warm white is the most popular colour, as it is similar to the colour of natural light. Cool white is a brighter colour often used in kitchens and bathrooms. Daylight is a very bright colour that is often used in offices and other commercial spaces.
Q: How much do LED downlights cost?
A: The cost of LED downlights varies from approximately $6.99 to over $100.00, depending on the size, style, and brand.
Q: How do I install LED downlights?
A: Installing LED downlights can be a DIY project if the downlight has a 3-pin plug and a surface socket is already installed. If there is no surface socket installed, you must hire a professional electrician to do it for you.
I hope this helps you decide and find the perfect LED downlight. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.